Courtesy of the Endicott Sports Information Department.
INDIANAPOLIS – The Endicott field hockey team is set to host Saint Joseph's (Maine) for the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 6 p.m. on North Field.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Gulls are hosting an NCAA Field Hockey Tournament contest for the first time in program history.
- The last time Endicott advanced to the NCAA Tournament was in 2012.
- Endicott and Saint Joseph's (Maine) are meeting for the eighth time in program history and the Gulls lead the all-time series, 6-1.
- The Gulls advanced to the NCAA Tournament with a 1-0 victory over the University of New England in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Championship game on November 3.
- Saint Joseph's advanced to the NCAA Tournament with a 4-0 win over Lasell during the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Championship game on November 4.
The winner of Wednesday's contest will advance to the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament and will face Middlebury on Saturday, Nov. 10.
2018 NCAA DIVISION III FIELD HOCKEY TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
First Round – Wednesday, Nov. 7
Saint Joseph's (Maine) at Endicott, 6 p.m.
Second Round – Saturday, Nov. 10
Saint Joseph's (Maine)/Endicott at No. 1 Messiah, TBD
ABOUT THE COMMONWEALTH COAST CONFERENCE
The Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), founded in 1984, is an NCAA Division III athletic conference comprised of nine full member and one associate member institutions throughout the New England region. Its membership aims to provide student-athletes with a positive experience in their pursuit of excellence through high academic standards, quality competition, and a meaningful student life. The conference administers championships in 18 intercollegiate sports.