SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) schools collected over 4500 items as part of its second annual conference-wide food drive. The initiative was organized by members of the CCC Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
The food drive ran from Nov. 1 to Nov. 15 with each school coordinating the efforts on their own campuses. Two schools, Salve Regina and Western New England, collected over 1000 items with the Seahawks leading the way for the second year in a row. Salve donated 1636 items.
Here is where our schools sent their donations:
- Curry – Dedham Food Pantry (Dedham, Mass.)
- Endicott - Beverly Bootstraps (Beverly, Mass.), The Open Door Food Pantry, Neighbors in Need, and Haven from Hunger (Peabody, Mass.)
- Gordon – Danvers People to People Food Pantry (Danvers, Mass.)
- Nichols – Webster Dudley Food Share (Webster, Mass.)
- Roger Williams – East Bay Food Pantry (Bristol, R.I.)
- Salve Regina – Martin Luther King Junior Community Center (Newport, R.I.)
- University of New England – Biddeford Food Pantry (Biddeford, Maine)
- Western New England – YWCA Western Massachusetts (Springfield, Mass.) and other shelters
ABOUT THE COMMONWEALTH COAST CONFERENCE
The Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), founded in 1984, is an NCAA Division III athletic conference comprised of nine full member and one associate member institutions throughout the New England region. Its membership aims to provide student-athletes with a positive experience in their pursuit of excellence through high academic standards, quality competition, and a meaningful student life. The conference administers championships in 18 intercollegiate sports.